Senior Product Manager
Builder Homesite, Inc. (BHI) is looking for a passionate and experienced product management/marketing professional who will serve as the Product Manager for our realty professional facing products and some of our consumer facing products.
BHI is an 11 year old firm owned by 32 of the largest homes builders in the world, providing our team with unparalleled industry insight, access, and trust – as well as deep and solid resources to help consumers and realty professionals shop and compare new homes. The Builders Digital Experience (BDX) business unit is the largest business within BHI. It operates the two largest new home portals for new home search as well as a growing family of related sites, products and tools.
The Senior Product Manager will be a champion for the customer’s experience by leading the definition, design, development and implementation of core online functionality and promotional offerings that maximizes revenue and improves overall customer satisfaction.
Our business model requires a high degree of online engagement with home shoppers and realtors, making our web-sites critical to the day-to-day success of our customers (home builders). If you are an out-of-the-box thinker with a proven track record of understanding how customers and prospects behave on the web, and the ability to combine these insights with key stakeholder goals and objectives to drive new and improved user experiences online, this job is for you!
The Senior Product Manager will develop and manage the overall experience for several of our products. This person will use input from key business stakeholders and the insights gained from user research and analytics to deliver on business goals and drive customer satisfaction with our products and offerings. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead cross functional teams to define short and long-term product strategy for multiple products and customer experiences
- Drive product direction while balancing the needs of key constituencies (BHI business stakeholders, builders, realty pros) against technological and budget constraints
- Be the voice of BHI’s customers (primarily builders seeking to reach home shoppers) and the consumer users of our products to the BDX team; understand the issues that the consumer user is facing, how and why they use our products and what competitors they consider.
- Define product specifications and functional requirements for products and features.
- Plan and execute product launches/releases, guiding and advising a cross-functional team from marketing, development, sales, customer service, and finance teams.
- Communicate launch plans, project status and key issues to constituents across the organization including senior management, customer facing groups, and IT staff.
- Understand competitive products and position ours effectively, articulating strengths and weaknesses relative to those products.
- Drive user research and usability testing to continually improve our products.
- Create effective product briefs to drive marketing communications and sales activities for new and existing products
- Create business cases for new products and revenue generating opportunities.
- Work with multiple functions, including Customer Support, Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing to successfully launch, sell, and support products.
- Actively participate with the builder community and user groups as a product expert.
- 7+ years of experience in product management leading online efforts for a significant product.
- Strong passion for the web and for creating excellent user experiences.
- 2+ years of experience with leading online analytics solutions (WebTrends, Omniture, Google Analytics) and a proven ability to consistently make data-based decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work across departments integrating the voice of the consumer with input from subject matter experts in design, UI, development, sales and marketing.
- Specific experience in successfully developing and managing new products including a proven ability to champion product innovation and drive key business decisions
- Track record of introducing successful products
- Strong business acumen; ability to see the big picture and to understand and solve for business objectives
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills absolutely required
- Ability to think and execute at both strategic and operational levels.
- Solid understanding of Web technologies and direct experience managing high transaction websites
- Experience with NetPromoter a plus
- Extremely high Excel and database skills a must
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing and an ability to partner with in-house and external testing and optimization experts to continually refine and improve our products
- Company subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company subsidized health savings account
- Company paid life, short and long term disability insurance
- Company matched 401K plan
- Paid time off
- On-site gym – including weekly yoga and fitness classes
- Company beach house for employee use
- Volunteer opportunities
- Training and development
- Monthly company get-togethers
- Annual company event
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 2000, Austin-based BHI (www.builderhomesite.com) pioneers the design, development and operation of world-class technology and marketing solutions for the homebuilding industry and beyond.
BHI’s motto “The Power of Collaboration” illuminates our unique ownership structure and process. As a consortium of 36 of the nation’s largest homebuilders, we combine our industry leaders’ expertise and experience to create better solutions.
BHI’s flagship product, New Home Source (www.newhomesource.com), is the nation’s leading marketplace for new homes.
In 2002, BHI added EX Squared Solutions (www.exsquared.com). EX2 provides custom web application development, from discovery through implementation.
In 2003, BHI founded New Home Technologies, a subsidiary consortium of new home builders and product suppliers, to create Envision, a fully-integrated and standardized online design options management portal.
In October 2009, BHI launched Builders Digital Experience in collaboration with Move, Inc. This exciting joint venture is dedicated to helping new home builders reach buyers with innovative online marketing solutions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to Marketingjobs@builderhomesite.com. BHI is an equal opportunity employer.
BHI Media is a full-service Multi-Media company specializing in Rich Media content that brings your business to life. More...
EX² creates exceptional web applications with rock-solid dependability to boost customer transactions for your business. More...
Builders Digital Experience a joint venture dedicated to helping new home builders reach buyers with innovative online marketing solutions. More...